THE COOKING CLASSES
(All classes can be held in either Italian, English or German language)
Chef Mattisse is happy to show you how to prepare and enjoy tasty meals, and if you want to know more, he will help you to develop a Gourmet's understanding. Every single dish will be prepared from scratch using only fresh daily shopped ingredients to prepare real quality food which you can see, touch, smell and taste.
All Cooking Classes last ca. four (04) hours and are intended hands on until the very end, including travel up to 100 km roundtrip, the groceries, table wine, the presentation and preparation of the final meal and the recipes.
Together we prepare a complete traditional Italian Menu from scratch. Please select max. 5 dishes (1 starter, 1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side dish and 1 dessert) from the upfollowing list:
1) Frittata con verdure (egg cake with vegetable of the season)* OR
2) Bruschetta tricolore (toasted garlic bread with fresh tomato, rocket and Parmesan)* OR
3) Involtini di melanzane con ricotta e capperi (eggplant rolls with Ricotta and capers)* OR
4) Roullée di Carpaccio con rucola e Grana (beef Carpaccio roll with lemon, rocket and Parmesan)
1) Ribollita (the world famous Tuscan bread soup)* OR
2) Risotto allo zafferano (rice with onions, wine, cream, Parmesan and safran)* OR
3) Pasta con ragù del cortile (pasta with white meat ragout) OR
4) Pappa rosa (great Tuscan bread pudding with tomato and basil)*
1) Saltimbocca toscana (sliced beef with prosciutto, fresh sage and flambee with amber Marsala) OR
2) Tagliata di pollo alla salvia flambé al Vinsanto (Tuscan chicken with fresh sage and flambee with Vinsanto) OR
3) Pollo alla cacciatora (Tuscan chicken with tomato, olives and pine nuts) OR
4) Pizzaiola (sliced beef with tomato, capers and Mozzarella)
1) Peperonata (bell pepper with red onions, tomato and garlic)* OR
2) Patate al rosmarino (rosemary potatoes with garlic)* OR
3) Fagioli all'uccelletto (Cannellini beans in tasty tomato sauce)* OR
4) Zucchini trifolati (sauté zucchini with herbs)*
Panna cotta con salsa di cioccolato (fresh vanilla cream custard with chocolate sauce)* OR
2) Tiramisu classico (no comment !)* OR
3) Mousse al cioccolato (chocolate mousse with Mascarpone)* OR
4) Gobbeto all'Amaretto di Saronno (vanilla creme with bisquit, coffee, Amaretto and chocolate)*
If you wish to learn certain dishes of the CLASSIC MENU, please watch out for this sign § behind the listed dishes and let´s prepare your favorite menu.
Dumplings, Cannederli, Gnocchi … three words for a delicacy that you won't forget anymore. Together we'll prepare:
1) Gnocchi di patate rosé (classic potato gnocchi with creamy tomato/basil sauce)*
2) Cannederli ai funghi (bread gnocchi with Speck and mushroom sauce)*
3) Ignudi (spinach gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce)*
4) a nice mixed salad*
5) a classic Tiramisù or Panna cotta with chocolate sauce*.
This special cooking class is focused on presentation. We will prepare tasty and beautiful dishes of national and international cuisine. If you want to impress your friends and neighbours, come and learn how to design, prepare and arrange great dishes and layouts. Please contact Mattisse, telling your likes or dislikes, for menu proposals and an estimate.
The real Mediterranean Cuisine has nothing to do with lots of pizza or pasta. Further over 70% of the local dishes were born vegetarian. If you desire to learn how to prepare great food in a much healthier way or how to reach and hold your desired weight without any magic, join one of Mattisse's Health Care Classes here in Tuscany. Please contact Mattisse, telling your likes or dislikes, for menu proposals and an estimate.
Here you will see and learn secrets of cooking you will hardly find in cook books nor TV cooking shows – answers to the famous why's and how's. Seminars last three days. Upon agreement they can take place in your rented villa here in Tuscany (april – october) or e.g as a culinary weekend in private homes all over Europe (october and november, march and april). What is needed is a standard kitchen with a decent GAS cooker. On the program are basic kitchen knowledge, tools and ingredients, hands-on cooking, principals of good cuisine in general, design and layout a.m.o. Seminars need to be booked minimum three months in advance to be able to work out your favorite program properly. Please contact Mattisse, telling your likes or dislikes, for menu proposals and an estimate.
please ask for further information !